Dai Vernon referred to David Roth as the “greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.” On these special double-length videos, David teaches some of the techniques that earned him not only accolades from the Professor but from magicians worldwide. This is visual, miraculous coin magic taught by one the greatest practitioners the world has ever known. Learn from the best-it’s the ultimate!
Volume Four – Dinnertable Coin Magic/Coin Flourishes, Stunts & Wagers
In this volume, David Roth performs and teaches wonderful coin magic suitable for performance in a dinner setting using props one might find on a typical restaurant or dining room table. Also, David teaches elegant coin flourishes for all skill levels, followed by a number of stunts and wagers with coins that are guaranteed to fool your friends.
Dinnertable Coin Magic
- Coins Through Table #1 – A classic of magic! Four coins travel one at a time right through a solid tabletop.
- Coins Through Table #2 – In this version, four coins penetrate the tabletop at the same time. A startling visual illusion.
- Coins To Cup – Coins travel one at a time from the performer’s hand to a coffee mug held in the other hand.
- Coin & Glass Through Table – The classic with a Roth twist. A coin is covered by a napkin-wrapped glass as the performer attempts to make the coin pass through the table. However, the glass penetrates the tabletop, taking the coin with it.
- Weeping Coin – The performer squeezes water out of a solid silver coin and immediately hands it out for examination. David includes a nice Michael Skinner finesse that makes this even more magical.
- Napkin Ring Coin Vanish – A seldom-seem, baffling coin vanish right from the repertoire of T. Nelson Downs.
- Dime In Sugar Packet – a borrowed dime vanishes, only to be found sealed in a sugar packet that was in plain sight all the time. A reputation maker!
- Cold Coin – The performer changes an exotic coin into an American half-dollar, claiming that it changed places with a coin in Tibet. To prove the claim, the coin is dropped into a spectator’s hand and is discovered to be ice cold! A tactile coin effect that your audiences will never forget.
- Napkin Coin Vanish – A clean and simple vanish of a coin that has withstood the test of time.
- Chanin’s Coin Production – The performer produces a continuous stream of half-dollars from a napkin, ending with the production of a giant coin. A delightful routine that’s surprisingly easy to do!
- Vanishing Dime In Shot Glass (performance only) – A dime vanishes from underneath an overturned shot glass and reappears inside in a most mysterious way.
- Free & Unlimited Coinage Of Silver – Coins, coins everywhere! The performer discovers a continuous supply of half-dollars under various articles – salt and pepper shakers, plates, glasses, etc.
- Vanishing Coin In Water Glass – A classic that still stuns audiences! A coin held under a handkerchief is dropped into a glass of water by a spectator…and vanishes without a trace!
- The Coin Roll
- The Flip-Over Flourish
- The Coin Roll-Down
- The Swivel Pivot
- The Elbow Catch
- The Elbow Catch Vanish
- The Coin Star (two versions)
- Dime For Every Quarter
- Squeeze Play
- Coins In Glass
- Match On Nickel
- Coin On Plate
- Coin Hitting Plate
- Coin Cross
- Coin Triangle
- Holding Change
- Quarter On Edge
- Calling Heads Or Tails